[RTW] [dispatch] Charter proposal: The activity hitherto known as "RTC-WEB at IETF"

Bernard Aboba bernard_aboba at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 16:59:31 CET 2011

+1.

One place where we could "spend our energy wiser" might be on enabling interoperability
of HTTP transported realtime media.   Although peer-to-peer traffic is more desirable when
possible, "HTTP fallback" is in practice required a significant fraction of the time, due to the
prevalence of highly restrictive firewalls.