OPEN ISSUE: Standards Track

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu May 22 10:14:10 CEST 2003

> How about "the first bar is too high" or "we need a new lower
> initial bar"?

[ i *really* don't like to post too much to the list.  but i guess
it's my day in the barrel.  so apologies. ]

i think the real issue may be the difference between what is
drafted and what is passed as PS.  that is perceived as "it is very
hard to get a document to PS."  i suspect this difference may be as
much or more caused by the input quality and relevance as it is by
the level of the bar.  if so, this is a core problem that clearly
affects the ietf's goals.

randy