OPEN ISSUE: Standards Track

Charles E. Perkins charliep at IPRG.nokia.com
Thu May 22 10:23:48 CEST 2003

Hello Keith,

Keith Moore wrote:

> then again, we have plenty of experience that
>
> - security holes *will* be exploited, and
> - vendors will avoid implementation of security if allowed to do so,
>   even if it subjects their customers to greatly increased risk

These considerations do NOT apply to the situation in Mobile IPv6.
This list is NOT the place for me to explain why.

Plus, your counterpoint has no relevance to anything I
tried to say, thus I view it purely as setting up a strawman.

> (ask yourself: why is it so easy for viruses to propagate by email?)

Because of certain operating systems features, mainly.
There is no point to a specification that says
viruses MUST NOT be included in e-mail attachments.
And, yes, I understand that further e-mail specification
_might_ prevent _some_ viral infections.

Regards,
Charlie P.