Time required to write down "wisdom" (Re: "Adult supervision")

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Tue May 13 07:09:54 CEST 2003

Thomas,

I think my original mail sounded a bit more cranky than I wanted it,
but I was more responding to Harald's original mail - by the
way is there an archive of this list?

Harald mentioned that the document he was talking about sat around,
the token passed between a number of editors, etc.  It sounded to
me like the process for editing the document, soliciting comments,
producing revisions and so forth, fell apart, resulting in a
much longer than needed process.

I am not advocating pushing documents forward without adequate
review, but much more for having pro-active editors, WG chairs
and sheparding ADs to make sure the documents are getting done
in a timely fashion, especially ones identified as important.
This is more about breakdown in management, in my opinion.

Anyway, this mail is coming close to solutions - which is not
really my intention of posting the original mail.  I think that
one of the problems in getting work done in a timely fashion
is the breakdown of the document management process.

br,
John