opaque docs [Re: rough consensus of what "population"?]

Thomas Narten narten at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 25 21:24:54 CET 2003

Pekka Savola <pekkas at netcore.fi> writes:

> One thing that I was about to raise in that particular w.g. was whether
> the majority of the IPv6 wg. is actually *capable* of being able to do
> any useful reviewing.

Not to pick on you Pekka (you're the messenger here), but a lot of
people seem to be awfully proud that they don't know anything about
MIBs and want to keep it that way. MIB work is for MIB doctors, seems
to be widely held view.

But think about the implication of this view. Most people seem to
agree that MIBs are important. They get used. They are important to
operations. WGs even agree that the work needs to be done. Yet,
actually doing and reviewing MIBs seems to be somebody else's job.

What is wrong with this picture?

Thomas