opaque docs [Re: rough consensus of what "population"?]

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Tue Mar 25 11:45:41 CET 2003

>One thing that I was about to raise in that particular w.g. was whether
>the majority of the IPv6 wg. is actually *capable* of being able to do
>any useful reviewing.
>
>Descriptions of the variables, maybe -- but if most folks are
>MIB-clueless, why insist on dragging people along?

The main reason (IMO) to do MIB development in the WG that is developing
the protocol is to make sure that the MIB could actually be used to
monitor/manage that protocol.

I don't expect all members of the IPv6 WG to understand some of the more
obscure MIB clauses (we have MIB doctors for that), but I do expect them
to have an opinion about whether our MIBs accurately reflect the data in
their implementations.

Margaret