modest suggestion for how to proceed

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Mar 25 11:24:40 CET 2003

Keith,

Tuesday, March 25, 2003, 7:37:17 AM, you wrote:
KM> I therefore suggest that we form committees, analogous to design teams,
KM> to look specifically at problems with WG operation, problems with IESG
KM> operation, and problems with IAB operation.

Your suggestion is quite logical, but demonstrates the original problem
with forming a "problems" working group:  A committee to study problems
then engenders sub-committees to study sub-problems.

We spend all of our time studying the problem and none fixing it.

We should note that the Yokohama IETF was when the seriousness of our
problems reached rough consensus, based on the traffic to the plenary
microphone.

That was *eight* months ago, folks.

Yet here we are, entertaining new proposals for new efforts to study the
problem further, and no effort to actually do the fixing.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>