ineffective use of meeting time

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Mar 24 16:36:28 CET 2003

Ted,

Monday, March 24, 2003, 1:23:53 AM, you wrote:
TL> So maybe it would be helpful to break this out into two problems:

TL> 1. We need a way for interested parties to discuss protocols on which
TL> they are working, and
TL> 2. We need a way to encourage cross-pollination between groups.

TL> Possibly these two goals should be addressed in separate meetings.

Is this responsive to your concern:

Have an all-day session on Sunday that is divided into each Area's status and
discussion.  These would essentially be working group summary reports,
giving background and setting the stage for the work of the following
week.

9am-4pm. One hour for each area. (This would overlap with some more
basic tutorials.)

It strikes me that the next level of effort, allowing more time per
working group, adds an order of magnitude to effort and time.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>