ADs who are also WG chairs

James Seng jseng at pobox.org.sg
Mon Jun 30 13:59:33 CEST 2003

Let me put it another way:

The current IETF process gives too much power to the wg chairs & IESG so
a person dual role at wg chair & IESG is likely to be problematic. If
the process is redesigned, it could be done in such a way that having
dual role is not a problem.

Note that I dont object documenting the dual role problem specifically.

And we could argue what's the appropriate solution (altho not in this
forum) but the answer is not neccessary the simplistic rule of "no
person shall be wg chair and IESG at the same time".

-James Seng