"trouble maker"

Hallam-Baker, Phillip pbaker at verisign.com
Tue Jun 24 14:45:57 CEST 2003

Keith,

	At what point do you believe I made the process closed?

When the chair hissed at me the first time I spoke in a DNSEXT meeting?

That is the point at which I formed the opinion the process was closed.

Perhaps that may have affected my later actions.

Maybee it was at the second DNSEXT meeting when I pointed out that the
ability to deploy a DNS spec in dotCOM or the other large zones might be
considered an important criteria?

When the OPT-IN proposal was diverted into the 'DNS Directorate' and I
complained that the process was not open?

When the second last call went by with no objections and the chair decided
that the fact I had been SILENT was now to be used against me?

Bascially the whole process was a farce. People kept teling me be quiet,
don't rock the boat. And every single time I took that advice it was
immediately followed by a fresh abuse of process.

What I should have done is to use the appeals process immediately following
the DNS Directorate detour.

		Phill