Open Process Issue: Improvement WG Chair Selection

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Sun Jun 22 15:28:53 CEST 2003

while it would probably be improper for me to try to influence the advice
of the group too much.....

please try to provide what you think in terms of advice and "what you are
trying to achieve" rather than "this is the exact procedure that must be
followed".
The difference is the amount of flexibility one has when trying to in fact
implement the "protocol".

For example.... During the process of selecting the problem-statement
chair, it became clear that two chairs was a better idea than one; if I had
(for instance) been confined to "filling the positions originally
advertised", I wouldn't have been able to do the Right Thing and pick two.

It's so easy to get a process into silly states...

                  Harald