Open Process Issue: Improvement WG Chair Selection

John C Klensin john at jck.com
Sun Jun 22 16:07:52 CEST 2003

--On Saturday, 21 June, 2003 07:15 -0400 Scott Bradner
<sob at harvard.edu> wrote:

> I think the process used to select the chairs of the problem
> group should be used to select the chair(s) of the solution WG

Since you seem to be collecting "votes", I concur with Scott and
other.   I'd state it differently, e.g., as "I think the General
AD" should do this according to normal process and what makes
sense to him, with the recommendation that the procedure used to
select the chairs of this group seems to have worked well enough
to make a process norm for this sort of thing.

   john