Fixed font v multiple fonts

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 10 16:29:36 CEST 2003

James - the problem is that a consensus doesn't exist in the IETF. A
consensus is based on a concept of a number of people actually being able to
vote on something and that doesn't exist here. What does exist here is a
concept of micro-special interest groups that come together to specifically
advance **their** initiatives at the expense and to stop all others that
would  compete with them. If you doubt this do a work flow analysis on
RFC2026, RFC2223, and RFC2418 as it pertains to the standards track
processes.

What you will find is that you are clearly wrong here, and that also is one
of the problems with the IETF. What I am saying is that in the current
system any group of people declaring themselves the majority first are
accorded that.

Today the mighty win always in the IETF, but this too ***is*** going to
change.

Todd Glassey