ADs who are also WG chairs

Hallam-Baker, Phillip pbaker at verisign.com
Sun Jul 6 06:59:51 CEST 2003

> I am saying that the paid-membership makes OASIS very different from
> IETF, fundamentally. So you cannot say "Oh, this and this works in
> OASIS" and assume it also works for IETF.

I am saying the charge is utterly irrelevant to the argument. It is
simply a convenient excuse not to consider the unpleasant ugly little
fact that the very system that you are claiming is impossible is
working fine in OASIS.

I am certainly NOT 'assuming' that democracy would work for the IETF,
I am demonstrating that it works in a body that does very similar
work and further that the cosmetic differences between the
organizations do not affect the workability of democracy. That
is not 'assuming', it is a reasoned argument. You on the other hand
are asserting that democracy cannot work in the IETF on the basis of
no proof whatsoever.

If you do not want ALL Internet standards developed in that forum
reform the IETF so that it is genuinely open, democratic and
accountable.

		Phill