Draft Charter

avri doria avri at sm.luth.se
Mon Jan 27 16:15:05 CET 2003

Ok.  done.

Anything else before I pass it along to the AD?

a.

--
Avri Doria
http://www.sm.luth.se/~avri/

Chair(s):
Melinda Shore <mshore at cisco.com>
Avri Doria <avri at acm.org>

General Area Director(s):
Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald at alvestrand.no>

General Area Advisor:
Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald at alvestrand.no>

Mailing List:
General Discussion:  problem-statement at alvestrand.no
Archive:             http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/problem-statement/

Description of Working Group:

Discussions during 2002 have revealed a significant number of thoughts
about problems that exist with the way the IETF operates.  In advance of
trying to change the IETF procedures and rules to deal with these
problems, the IETF should have a clear, agreed description of what
problems we are trying to solve.

This group is charged with producing the document describing these
problems.  The analysis of the problem should seek out the root causes
of the problems as well as the perceived derivative problems.

The intent is that the group will discuss issues on its mailing list,
and that there will be an editing team to produce a clear concise
problem statement on which the group has come to consensus and present
to the IETF as a basis for an IETF consensus.

As a second work item, the group will also produce a proposal for a
process to develop solutions to the problems identified by this working
group.

It is not a part of this group's charter to propose solutions to the
problems.

The work items will be reviewed in IESG plenary at the IETF.