Draft Charter

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Mon Jan 27 21:06:46 CET 2003

Hi Avri,

Some comments:

> This group is charged with producing the document describing these
> problems.  The analysis of the problem should deliver the root causes of
> the problems as well as the perceived derivative problems.

I'm not sure we can 'deliver the root causes' in a short time frame,
I think we should try to get at the root causes, but at lease document
what we can.  I'd suggest:

  The analysis of the problem should seek out the root causes of
  the problems as well as the perceived derivative problems.

> Goals and Milestones:
>
> Jan 03 Group formed
> Feb 03 First I-D of problem statement issued
> Mar 03 Problem statement reviewed at the IESG Plenary
> Mar 03 First I-D of process proposal issued
> May 03 Problem statement submitted for IESG review
> Jul 03 Process proposal reviewed at the IESG Plenary
> Aug 03 Process proposal submitted for IESG review
> Oct 03 Re-charter or close working group

Should we give more time to this: First I-D of process proposal issued?
I think we should wait until the Problem Statement is stable before
working on a process proposal.

br,
John