Complex topics (RE: Formalizing Design Teams)

Natale, Robert C (Bob) bnatale at lucent.com
Mon Jan 6 11:52:04 CET 2003

Hi Dave,

> From: Harrington, David [mailto:dbh at enterasys.com]
>
> I have suggested a number of times that we need better
> architectural guidelines.

I think your observations and suggestions here are excellent
and confirm my own experience.

> I believe some of the IETF areas' "common wisdom" should be
> documented as architectural guidelines.

I agree, but am asking that we go beyond just (the necessary
first step of) documenting those guidelines to proactive
enforcement of them (where they are applicable) and proactive
evolution of them (where the situation indicates change is
needed).

Cheers,

BobN