General comment on draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Fri Feb 28 10:22:48 CET 2003

> My greatest concern is that we make *very* rapid progress with this
> draft, i.e. do a revision immediately after the IETF, and then
> decisively agree to publish it as "good enough", ready move on to
> the solutions stage at the July IETF. Let's make this the shortest
> lived WG any of us can remember.

I'll respond in detail to the draft later.  But my impression is that
this draft is just a start - it contains some serious mis-characterizations
and omissions that aren't likely to be fixed in a single revision.  I'm all
for finishing this WG quickly, but I do think we need to be sure that we
have a good understanding of the problems before we try to work on solutions.

Keith