last call results - process document

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Tue Dec 16 14:25:22 CET 2003

On Monday, December 15, 2003, at 08:10 PM, Keith Moore wrote:
> no, I don't think so.  basically I don't think this document was
> ever taken seriously by much of the working group, so any purported
> consensus on any of the document is dubious at best.

There was near unanimity in support of the suggestions for
short-term improvement identified in the document - about as
close as I've seen to perfect consensus in an IETF working
group.  There's no consensus on the longer-term suggestions,
nor will there be (at least not in this working group) and
we're trying to come to consensus on the document itself.
That's more-or-less what we're trying to capture in the text
in question.

Melinda