My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 07:40:38 CEST 2003

I didn't want Margaret's comment to disappear.

As we move into process-for-solutions and solutions modes in
this working group, I'd like to see more clever proposals for
involving IETF people who do have broad technical knowledge,
beyond the current membership of IESG and IAB.

If Harald is saying "it's impossible to do an AD's job" and
there aren't 13 postings back saying "you're wrong", I'm taking
this as a signal that we should minimize the amount of new work
we dump on IESG members.

(Did SIR ever get released as an ID? I thought this was a Brian
and Dave thing, but didn't see an Individual draft under either
name)

Spencer