Draft minutes from San Francisco

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Mon Apr 7 16:21:10 CEST 2003

Thanks to you and Spencer for the corrections, which I've
(mostly) made to the minutes.  One question, though:

> MS> that isn't the problem he's looking at.  Dave said that may
> MS> be theoretically true, but isn't this a test for working
> MS> groups getting formed?

> Unfortunately, I do not understand the above summary of my interaction
> with Ted.
> My general point was that the ability of a working group to make
> progress is the test of its viability. If it cannot make progress, it is
> not viable. The mere fact of better bookkeeping -- signing up people's
> names -- does not alter actual work done.

My recollection of what was actually said at the time is
that you were pointing out that identification of some
responsible individuals is a prerequisite for working group
formation in the first place, and that comment was made in
the context you describe.

Melinda