ID-nits [was Re: suggestions (voting)]

avri doria avri@sm.luth.se
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:05:13 +0100

i think the nits document goes beyond things that are just
formatting related and thus could not be fixed by any tool,
no matter what letter it starts with.

i.e., the nits doc is not composed of form nits only, there
is also a section on content and one on protocols.
for example, it discusses the need to deal with differentiating
normative references from non normative references and the
need to take the co-existence of ipv4 and ipv6 into account.

the reason it is needed, i assume, is that not everyone is properly
informed on all the details required in a properly formatted RFC
submission.  the nits serves as a check list for WG chairs and
editors before submitting a doc to the IESG.  it is a way for us to make
sure we are meeting all of the requirements and allows us to fix things
first and avoid the delay of having a document kicked  back.

a.

ps. what does conservative have to do with anything?

--
Avri Doria
http://www.sm.luth.se/~avri/