ID-nits [was Re: suggestions (voting)]

Leif Johansson leifj@it.su.se
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:39:34 +0100

Sam Hartman wrote:
> [...]

<snip>

> A particular bad case that seems fairly likely is that we spend
> significant time debating solutions to a relatively unimportant
> problem and ignore clear statements of more important problems.

I agree. In this spirit I will try to bring up another problem (?):

Why do we need the ID-nits document, or rather: why does it need
to be so long? Obviously part of the problem is that people are
unable to write correctly formatted text (hence the word nits). It
would be interesting to know just how much time is spent by all
involved doing clean-up usually left to software. I.e is this a
real problem or not?

Since we are in the problem formulation stage I will not use the
x-word just yet :-) However I do believe that the general
conservative outlook (if that is the word I'm after) of many
ietf members is at the heart of the problem.

	Cheers Leif