ID-nits [was Re: suggestions (voting)]

Leif Johansson leifj@it.su.se
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:36:36 +0100

avri doria wrote:

> i think the nits document goes beyond things that are just
> formatting related and thus could not be fixed by any tool,
> no matter what letter it starts with.

That is my question: How much time is spent making sure documents
are 72 columns and contains something called "security considerations"
as oposed to the other parts of the nits. Also if you had tags for
abnf, mibs, schema etc etc you wouldn't need a highly paid IESG
member just to run various syntax checkers.

<snip>

> a.
>
> ps. what does conservative have to do with anything?

Everything ;-) If the IESG/RFC-editor were to say say "only submit using
Marshal Roses xml dtd from now on", how many howls do you think would go
up :-)

	MVH leifj