IAB issues

avri doria avri@sm.luth.se
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:11:30 +0100

I agree with John here.  I think that in addition to documenting
the issues, the architecture and the framework for the IETF,
the IAB should engage in educational and mentoring efforts.
I would like to see more IAB involvement as WG technical advisors.
And I think more substantive architectural presentations, not just
solutions but problem analysis, at IAB plenaries would be
very useful.  Since many people fly on Saturdays for the
cheaper flights, scheduling more tutorials for the
Sundays (like the security one i am looking forward to:
an IAB idea?) is a good idea.

 From my too many years in nomcom I know that most IAB members
are picked for their architectural savvy and not their political
or liaison prowess (though some have been wonderful surprises
in those areas as well).  I think they need to share it more with
the community.  Lead by example, by mentoring and by educating.

a.

--
Avri Doria
http://www.sm.luth.se/~avri/