A 100.000 foot perspective on "what is the problem"

john.loughney@nokia.com john.loughney@nokia.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:09:29 +0200

Hi James,

> OK, at the risk of being told that this is a problem=20
> statement list and not a solutions list, how about the following.

This is a problem statement list ...

Actually, I still would prefer to hear from you & others the problems
you are facing in doing Internet Standards, before we move onto
solutions.  Or at least if you could publish an applicability
statement for your proposed solution.

I face this kind of problem in my WG - folks working on solutions
before the scope of the problem is well defined.  This usually
produces inappropriate or sub-optimal solution.

However, I am not disagreeing with your proposal, I just prefer to
work still on the problem.

br,
John