Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Dave Crocker dhc@dcrocker.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:52:15 -0800

Folks,

Tuesday, December 10, 2002, 5:43:26 AM, you wrote:
Harald> --On tirsdag, desember 10, 2002 15:37:37 +0200 john.loughney@nokia.com
Harald> wrote:
> [...]
Harald> if you don't quote the whole thing, you get 1910 hits.
Harald> many of which clearly indicate that RFC 2547 is considered a standard by
Harald> the writer.

Some people believe the earth is flat. We cannot worry about the silly
things that individual people might "believe" or things that we find
irritating or offensive. We need to worry about problems that hurt the
Internet.

In all of the years of debating about abusive references to an RFCs status,
no one has ever demonstrated that an abuse -- calling something a standard
that is not -- has caused any real problems.

Let's restrict ourselves to fixing Internet technical problems, rather than
trying to prevent marketing abuses.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker  <mailto:dhc@dcrocker.net>