Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Margaret Wasserman mrw@windriver.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:17:45 -0500

> >> btw, i also don't buy your previous that the iesg has no actual
> >> organizational or line management experience.
> > I don't think I said that.
>
>     > They also all have the talents and abilities to be good managers,
>     > but they lack the skills which come from training and experience.

I stand corrected (regarding what I said)...

How many of you do actually have training and experience as
second-level managers (i.e. what would be called directors in
a company, and is probably called something else in academia,
etc.)?

I know that you do, Randy -- do the others, as well?

If most of you do have the training and experience, I guess I will
need to consider another theory for why the IETF is so poorly
organized and managed...

Perhaps it is not a training, skill or ability problem at all?
Maybe it is just that we haven't placed a high priority on the
organization and management of the IETF?

Margaret