Registration of media type FO and ZFO

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Fri Jun 6 00:50:52 CEST 2008

Jakub Hytka wrote:

> I wanted to ask you whether there is any progress or comment on our
> registration proposal.

Hi, apparently you are talking about registrations in the vendor's tree.

If there was a comment it should be in one of the list archives, it's also
possible that nobody commented on this list...

>    Published specification: Not available yet.

...without specification application/vnd.software602.filler.xml+zip+form
is whatever you think it is.  Maybe look in the list archives for other
cases of "xml" and "zip" and uses of "+",  IIRC folks here have certain
preferences how to get this right and what to avoid.

You are not obliged to adopt these preferences, following established
conventions could be nevertheless a good idea.  After the review (or
if nobody has a helpful comment) if you've made up your mind submit
the templates using the Web form specified in RFC 4288:

<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>

This is a ticket system, you'll get an e-mail with the IANA ticket number.
If nothing else happens for a few weeks you could ask iana at iana what
the state of your ticket is.

 Frank