please review 'application/pdf' -- new version

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Wed Dec 17 14:50:33 CET 2003

> With regard to Keith's objections about the claims about
> the "document author's copyright", I'm happy to note that
> Adobe has published an errata at
>
>   http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/sdk/public/docs/errata.txt
>
> which removes the sentence which caused the original complaint;
> the copyright claims in the internet draft were updated to match.

that's certainly better than the original text.  however, I still don't
want IETF endorsing Adobe's insistence that PDF permissions inherently
reflect the content-owner's intent, nor that viewer authors "must" take
away legitimate rights from those who are reading the documents - which
are not completely the content-owner's to control.

would you folks please stop trying to screw the public?