please review 'application/pdf' -- new version

Larry Masinter LMM at acm.org
Wed Dec 17 07:44:12 CET 2003

We have just posted

    draft-zilles-pdf-01.txt

to internet-drafts, so it should appear in a day or two.

In the meanwhile, I also posted a copy to
    http://larry.masinter.net/draft-zilles-pdf-01.txt

There were a number of private comments which caused updates to
several sections (the intro, fragment identifiers section, and
a better description of digital signatures, fixed up references.)
If anyone wants diffs, I'll be happy to send them to you.

With regard to Keith's objections about the claims about
the "document author's copyright", I'm happy to note that
Adobe has published an errata at

  http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/sdk/public/docs/errata.txt

which removes the sentence which caused the original complaint;
the copyright claims in the internet draft were updated to match.

I believe this draft now addresses all the issues that were raised.

> If Adobe wants to point out that there is such a thing as access
> permissions in PDF, that's merely providing information which
> might be useful to the reader.

Exactly; I believe it meets the criteria for Informational status.

Larry