request for subtag for Elfdalian

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Apr 18 15:57:13 CEST 2016

Mats Blakstad wrote:

> I understand that the RA (or Unicode) don't want to put themselves in
> the position to encode something that does not yet have an established
> independent status, or be used as an institute to give such
> independent status. However the whole point is of course that
> Elfdalian already has such independent status (already for several
> hundreds of years!). Now as the RA rejected the application to encode
> the language they need to understand the social implications of that;
> It means they creates obstacles for development of that language. Just
> as they should avoid to become and institute to establish such status
> they should also avoid become an institute to undermine such status.

Mats, you need to communicate this directly and formally to the RA,
through a letter or appeal or whatever mechanism is deemed appropriate.
Continuing to argue your case to the ietf-languages list will generate a
lot of "Yes, I agree!" responses, but will not get a code element
created.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸