Another attempt at plain language

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 17 17:29:42 CEST 2015

Kent:

Two comments:

Re the first of your reply, I meant "relative to" in exactly the same way it would pertain to any other language tag or subtag: every subtag exists to create a contrastive distinction from something else.

Re the second, "controlled language" is cover term that encompasses exactly what this request is all about: the content was not created in the way people naturally speak or write, but was controlled in some respects for some communicative purpose - e.g., being "plain" or "simple" to facilitate comprehension by L2 audiences, or persons with cognitive disabilities, or whatever.

Peter