Another attempt at plain language

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun Sep 13 18:59:38 CEST 2015

Michael Everson scripsit:

> There are books for early readers and young adults
> and college students but the difference of language use in those
> books is not precisely defined.

Scouse as a variety of English is not precisely defined either: it is
at most described, and the books referred to are not scholarly by
intention.  Yet it is a legitimate variant tag.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
When I wrote it I was more than a little febrile with foodpoisoning
from an antique carrot that I foolishly ate out of an illjudged faith
in the benignancy of vegetables.  --And Rosta