Registration request for new subtags for Portuguese orthographies

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 26 17:05:46 CET 2015

If the big concern is what ao1990 might mean for a Brazilian user, then pt-PT as a prefix may meet the needs of those for whom Andrew was requesting. But as Doug points out, it rules out users in Angola, Mozambique and East Timor who might also want to use ao1990 (most of whom wouldn't know how to make their preference supported in valid tags). And as Luc has pointed out, the only thing it provides is eliminating a hypothetical concern.

So, I could live with "Prefix: pt-PT", but I really think it would be an unnecessary and unfortunate limitation.

Peter