Registration request for new subtags for Portuguese orthographies

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 26 17:40:57 CET 2015

Peter:

> So, I could live with "Prefix: pt-PT", but I really think it would be an unnecessary and unfortunate limitation.

Agree

Doug:

> or try to judge which users of Portuguese are "really" adopting the changes, and to what extent.

Some of that has been happening.  The way to be independent would be to attach it to pt and let users do as they will.  Perhaps some of these other countries have "early adopters" that would like to experiment with the proposal before it's ratified?

Some of the other variants that are applied to root language tags certainly aren't expected to apply to all regional variations of those languages.

-Shawn