Deprecating grandfathered tags redux

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Sat Mar 7 17:54:31 CET 2015

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 5:26 PM, John Cowan <cowan at mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> But, y'know, other than satisfying Mark Davis's rage for order :-),

​It is not particularly a rage for order; these few old irregular codes
complicate our processing so we just toss them (mapping to "und").

We'd like to have a canonical, syntactically-regular way to represent all
of them, even though they are obscure.​ Mapping to "und" or simply
rejecting them is certainly workable, but it would be nice to be able to
represent them with a regular code, one that can preserve the original
semantic. Anyone who cared could always then map them back to the old
semantics for old programs; and those old problems have no need to change
their use of, say, "i-default".

Mark <https://google.com/+MarkDavis>

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*