Add Likely Subtags first step

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Jan 26 18:00:03 CET 2015

The existing tag "en-GB-oed" has the following Description field:

I would have every expectation that the Description field for the new
variant would also refer to "Oxford English Dictionary spelling".

In that case, this variant would imply nothing about accent or
pronunciation. As such, it would be meaningless to tag spoken content
with this subtag, just as it would be meaningless to tag spoken content
as "en-fonipa" or "de-1901" or "el-polyton" or "ru-petr1708".

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA | http://ewellic.org