No consensus on en-GB-oed replacement?

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Wed Apr 1 11:30:29 CEST 2015

APIs and specifications for using language tags are needlessly complicated
by the handful of irregulars that cannot be recast in the canonical form.
If they were a large, important set, it might have been worth having
special syntax for, and making special allowances in all the mechanisms
that use them, but only a handful of non-deprecated irregulars were not
given alternate canonical forms with regular syntax.

If we can take care of that handful, then it allows them (their canonical
equivalents) to be used in a wider range of software. That's the point of
this entire exercise. We've managed to get consensus on all but:
i-default, i-mingo, en-GB-oed

And we appear to be close on en-GB-oed...

Mark

> Needless snarkiness doesn’t make this work more pleasant.

True. I disliked John's telling me what I meant by what I said—while being
wrong about it. I agree that being impolite or snarky doesn't progress the
topic.

Mark <https://google.com/+MarkDavis>

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*