Record and registration form for 'unifon'

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Tue Sep 24 02:11:42 CEST 2013

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> 'fonipa' and 'fonupa' also represent Latin variants that include
> characters unique to themselves. I don't know if all of UPA is covered
> in Unicode, though I'm sure Michael does.

Yes, UPA is covered.  Its specific characters are mostly in the Phonetic
Extensions block, 1D00-1D7F.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan         cowan at ccil.org
The native charset of SMS messages supports English, French, mainland
Scandinavian languages, German, Italian, Spanish with no accents, and
GREEK SHOUTING.  Everything else has to be Unicode, which means you get
only 70 16-bit characters in a text instead of 160 7-bit characters.