Record and registration form for 'unifon'

Gordon P. Hemsley gphemsley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 02:45:11 CEST 2013

Doug and John have convinced me that there is possible use for this
subtag even if its characters are not encoded in Unicode (though,
FWIW, I'm not fully convinced that it's notable enough to warrant
inclusion).

However, it seems everyone was quick to "correct" me that this is a
variant subtag, not a script subtag. I realize that. The description
is listed as "Unifon phonetic script"; what else should I have called
it?

This is clearly a source of confusion. As with IPA and UPA, Unifon is
not strictly a script; it is a Latin-based alphabet. Perhaps it should
be described as "Unifon phonetic alphabet" instead?