Unifon script?

Avram Lyon ajlyon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 00:59:12 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM, John Cowan <cowan at mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> My take on it is that IPA and Unifon *are* Latin orthographies, which
> makes these two cases entirely parallel.  The fact that they use unusual
> characters doesn't matter: their characters belong to the Latin script
> still.

An interesting comparison would be ISO 9, which I submitted as a subtag in
2010. It uses a very aggressive set of Latin combining characters in its
romanization, but the discussion of that subtag (which fell apart for other
reasons) didn't question that it corresponded to the script subtag Latn.
Discussion at http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.languages/8679 and
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.languages/8795/

Avram