Early Modern English

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 20:03:47 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 19:51, Doug Ewell <doug at ewellic.org> wrote:
> I've often said the exact subtag value isn't as important as the
> existence and recognized meaning of a subtag, and probably shouldn't
> change my tune now that I'm proposing the subtag.

Reminds me of my thoughts when I got "rumgr" as the subtag for
Rumantsch Grischun from the Lia Rumantscha (rather than the
obvious-to-me rm-grischun....). After having told them that subtags
are more for machine use and the exact value isn't as important,
saying "that's a weird tag" seemed inappropriate.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>