Language subtag registration for 1990aolp

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Thu Sep 15 20:48:03 CEST 2011

Em 15-09-2011 17:32, CE Whitehead escreveu:
> Anyone want to suggest dictionaries or sample texts (it would be nice
> to have the whole text but I think we can take a citation)?   (Sorry I
> cannot
> (A google search returned the following:
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novo_Dicionário_Aurélio_da_Língua_Portuguesa
> Novo Dicionario da lingua Portuguesa 2009
> Brazilian Portuguese; so you would still need a reference for
> Portuguese Portuguese I think;
>

> http://www.priberam.pt/dlpo/
> Dicionaria Priberam,
> which advertises itself:
>

> "a consulta de mais de 105.000 entradas;
> o uso da ortografia com ou sem o Acordo Ortográfico de 1990;
> a selecção entre a variedade de português de Portugal ou do Brasil."

I don't know any dictionary that matches the vocabulary referenced above
(António will probably tell us that means the VOP is wrong). One of my
usual tests is "leem" vs "leêm".

For examples of texts with this orthography check any Portuguese
newspaper (they've adopted the new orthography within the last year):

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=1998432&seccao=Madeira&page=-1

Newspaper sites:
http://www.dn.pt/
http://www.ionline.pt/