Variant subtag request: iso91995

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:19:14 CEST 2010

I could provide the factography for all (give or
take) those translits I've mentioned, but really
wouldn't know how to proceed with all those
request fields etc. If someone of Old Hands
would step in?..

BTW, I didn't remember the header of the GOST
well enough and so I've mislead you on two
points. CIS inter-state standard GOST 7.79-2000
(might also be known as GOST 7.79-2001) replaced
GOST 16878-71, indeed, but isn't 'including
something of ISO 9', it *is* ISO 9:1995
(verbatim translation). Here is the 1)
publishing info and 2) part of the official title:

1) Правила транслитерации кирилловского письма
латинским алфавитом. — Соответствует ISO 9-1995.
Взамен ГОСТ 16878-71. — Утв. 2001. — (Система
стандартов по информации, библиотечному и
издательскому делу).
2) ГОСТ 7.79-2000 (ИСО 9-95)

Here 'соответствует' means 'is equivalent to',
but with more emphasis on sameness. Also, those
sub-parts aren't named 'Table' but 'System A'
and 'System B' (and include several tables).

-Yury