Variant subtag request: iso91995

Avram Lyon ajlyon at ucla.edu
Mon Sep 20 16:01:19 CEST 2010

2010/9/19 Yury Tarasievich <yury.tarasievich at gmail.com>:
>> I don't recall, however, what tables A and B represent in the ISO
>> 9:1995 standard-- I had read the standard at some point last year, but
>> I don't have it on hand. If they are significant, then I'll change my
>> subtag request accordingly. Can you elaborate on them?
>
> Essentially, those are two codified mappings of the ISO 9:
> [..]

In that case, there definitely should be distinct subtags for the two tables.

> BTW, provisions of ISO 9 were introduced into inter-state GOST series 7
> (bibliographical information).

This would be good to add to the subtag registry record, so that users
know that, say, iso1995a is equivalent to GOST 7. Can you propose some
language add to the record? I have no primary information on the
relevant GOST standards, but you are right to bring it up and it
should be included properly from the start.

Regards,

Avram