Variant subtag request: iso91995

Avram Lyon ajlyon at ucla.edu
Tue Sep 21 15:44:49 CEST 2010

2010/9/20 Yury Tarasievich <yury.tarasievich at gmail.com>:
> I could provide the factography for all (give or take) those translits I've
> mentioned, but really wouldn't know how to proceed with all those request
> fields etc. If someone of Old Hands would step in?..

I think I know how to complete the fields. If you can provide the
background on each of the fields, I'll submit requests for the lot of
them.

> BTW, I didn't remember the header of the GOST well enough and so I've
> mislead you on two points. CIS inter-state standard GOST 7.79-2000 (might
> also be known as GOST 7.79-2001) replaced GOST 16878-71, indeed, but isn't
> 'including something of ISO 9', it *is* ISO 9:1995 (verbatim translation).
> Here is the 1) publishing info and 2) part of the official title:

I'll submit a revised requests for iso1995a and iso1995b with this information.

One more question on prefixes -- should I list all the affected
languages in the requested record? That'll make for a long field, and
we didn't do it for alalc97.

Regards,

Avram