North Frisian dialects

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Fri Sep 17 11:56:26 CEST 2010

On 2010/09/17 17:16, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Doug Ewell wrote:

>>> Note that in the Registry itself, "oe" in Descriptions should become
>>> a proper "ö", since the Registry is now UTF-8.
>
> (Indeed, originally I wanted to note that in the draft, but it turned
> out saying "oe is always ö" does not work for the Goesharde dialects,
> so I'll have to find some alternative if I go forward with the draft;
> I am not sure if people would like this to become an RFC.)

Given the limitations with RFCs, it might be easier to concentrate on
the actual registration templates on the mailing list, and have a
pointer from the RFC to the registration templates in case the RFC is
needed for other reasons, rather than using the RFC as a vehicle for
registration. Contrary to e.g. MIME type registrations, where an RFC
approved by the IESG carries a stronger weight than just a discussion on
the ietf-types mailing list, there is no such provision for language
subtags.

Regards,    Martin.

#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp