Variant subtag proposal: ALA-LC romanization of Russian

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 00:40:03 CET 2009

Hi!
My feeling is the resources listed with this proposal are primarily for Russian;

to have a generic variant instead (and I'm not opposed to these) we'd need more generic resources--

though I do see Mark's point about the explosion of subtags!

Here are some possible generic resources:

http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/roman.html

and

http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/romanization/charsets.pdf

The second is useful because it lists special characters for all language romanized!

Best,

C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Avram Lyon ajlyon at ucla.edu