Re "no" vs. "nb" and "nn"

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 06:44:51 CET 2008

Hoi,
I have asked a friend of mine who is Norwegian to comment. His answer is
that Karen is absolutely correct in her assessment. As the ISO-639-6 will
provide a hierarchical structure and it will also use the codes as they
exist in the other ISO-639 version. I expect as a consequence the following
structure

no Norwegian
**** Norwegian written          -  **** Norwegian spoken (four character
code unavailable at this time)
bo Bokmal - nn Nynorsk

When these are the facts, what argument would there be to have it otherwise?

Thanks,
      GerardM